At the Growing Tree, we believe that fostering your child’s love of learning will carry with them throughout the remainder of their education. Our nurturing and developmentally appropriate preschool environment will lay the foundation for your child’s future success.
Our learning center anticipates providing your child a safe, secure, and wholesome physical, social, emotional, and intellectual environment.
1. To ensure that the physical environment of the children both outside and inside is safe and free of hazards.
2. To provide activities and programs that will stimulate the physical development and competence of each child.
1. To respect each child as a unique individual with his or her own needs and interests.
2. To encourage development of independence, self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-esteem in order to reinforce a positive self-concept in each child.
1. To create and maintain a relaxed and stimulating social environment in which the children can function, relate to and respect each other in groups.
2. To encourage child-adult interaction in a warm, active family type atmosphere.
1. To provide cognitive programming in relation to the child’s interest, stages of development, and levels of readiness.
2. To prepare an environment that will stimulate creative and spontaneous responses.
The Growing Tree also offers a morning care and after program for working parents, known as the Abbott child care wraparound. Families who need the services for their eligible three year-old children may not be denied services on the basis of annual income. However, families with income exceeding of the 2008 FPL (Federal Poverty Level) will be required to pay open competitive market prices charged by their child care provider for the full cost of the Abbott wrap around services and make payment to the provider directly.
Eligibility will be determined by the CCR&R upon initial application. Families whose annual income is below 250% of the current FPL based on family size, will be provided child care wraparound services at no cost to the family.
If a child is currently enrolled in Abbott preschool, is eligible for the free wraparound program and is also eligible for another year of preschool, he/she will be grandfathered into the program based in the family’s initial eligibility of 300% FPL. This also includes siblings.
27 Fisk Street
Jersey City, NJ 07305
- 8 Large Classrooms
- Nurturing care
- On site kitchen serving nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack
- State of the art playground
- Certified Teacher and Teacher Assistant in every classroom
- Providing educational opportunities for children with disabilities
- We encourage family participation
- High/Scope curriculum
- Fostering all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, social, physical